Keeping up with our Adventures in Florida!

Keeping up with our Adventures in Florida!

Monday, June 11, 2012

The Big Move North!

So, it's true..... we're leaving the gorgeous vacation land that we've been enjoying for the last 8 months and heading back to Beverly, Ma.  Sounds insane, doesn't make sense, people are all up in arms and badgering.... why ,why, why, why, why?????  "You're being impulsive", "I thought you were LOVING it down there?", "This doesn't make sense", "There must be something WRONG", "What are you not telling us"?? 

Before you get your hair in a tizzle, you can continue believing what you read on Facebook.  I love it here.  What's not to love?  We live in a beautiful place inside a fabulous community with people we LOVE. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tracie, my beautiful friend down the street is a NUT and I can pick up the phone at any given time and bang out a 30-minute conversation with her about 49 different topics and then say "oh-what the hell, grab a bottle of wine and just come down here.... with your 3 kids.... and we'll finish chatting while they swim".  She has a laugh that honestly can NOT be matched.... she's the ultimate queen of the juggle in or out of utter chaos and makes life look SO easy. At any given time, I can walk into her house and find her in the midst of planning some ginormous event that will absolutely be nothing short of phenomenal and she pulls it off without a hitch. I have learned SO much from this woman... I'll never be like her but I love to watch her work and every once in a while I get to steal her for coffee or cocktails or lunch!  When I told her we were moving back North, she cried and said "fine... you have to tell my kids!".  And, THAT, is just another reason why I love her.
 


 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jen.  I have never met a person more "like" myself than this woman.... She calls before 7am. pulls up in the driveway in her larger-than-life-pimp-tinted-black suburban to grab a bottle of water for her son's lunch box, races him to school and then comes back to drink coffee with me while we chat for an hour or more about everything.  She's been my biggest confidante down here and the christian influence that I've been unknowingly craving for the last 10 years of my life..  I can truly be ME all the time, everywhere and she loves me.  We've mastered the art of the "drop-in".... and we're ready, all the time, waiting for each other to knock, ring, barge in.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Heather, who by all means necessary was destined to be my girlfriend. I heard about her through Denise (you MUST meet Heather, she's a photog like you, very sweet, has kids at PCE, etc....) Sure, sounds good.... I login to Facebook, find her, friend her. End of story. Love at first sight. I love this woman (as I love all of my girlfriends).   Girl after my own heart, always in heels, sees beauty everywhere she looks.  She treats me like it's her pleasure in life to connect me to everyone and everything that this place has to offer.  I love this woman so much, I loaned her my camera this week.... and she broke it.  xoxo

              




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Amanda, who moved here from England (TWICE because the first time, she just wasn't sure this is where she wanted to be).  I could listen to her talk about pure crap for hours with her beautiful, demure accent that I LONG to imitate (I'm told by her mate that it's my English accent that's pure crap).  She's as spontaneous as they come and always ready to make a plan, always up for anything! They are a family like no other down here, we've spent time sitting around adoring our children, drinking our faces off, cooking for one another, talking about our past/present/future and already feeling so sad to be leaving each other.  There WILL be a ski trip planned for January so all you northern folk will get to meet the Brits!  WOO HOOO!!!!!  (here she ~ 3 Generations....Amanda, Madeleine and her "Mum")   Why I have no more pics of this woman is BEYOND me.... She is absolutely gorgeous on the inside and out.... Now, Madders (who I love like my own), I have a million pictures of that little one - I'm sure you recognize her!



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Angela, who also moved here from England... another accent I LOVE to sit and listen to for hours.  This stunning woman finds the time to NAP a bit each day and I have learned from her that the secret to being so put together day and night is to give back to yourself... It's not selfish, it's critical ~ we live in a time when everything is GO GO GO and those of us who are stay-at-home-mothers end up offering our time & energy to every volunteer organization that we can possibly fit into a daily schedule and if we don't take time out to recharge, we will fail.  She is the picture of health, success and grace. (now get back here so we can party before I leave!!!!)


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tara, who just moved here from Miami and already knows WAY too much about me.  Softspoken and laid back until the animal is released!  (I've seen her hit the floor)  Pretty sure I was separated at birth from this woman although we don't look that much alike...... she has the most HILARIOUS laugh and I love to bring it out of her.  It blows my mind the way she thinks of everything, surprises everyone and never forgets a single random fact that you may have half-mentioned to her.  Tara is absolutely the most thoughtful person I've met down here.





~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am totally guilty of over-using words like "fabulous, amazing, blessed"... I really am blessed and the friends we've made down here really are fabulous and amazing. These woman (and others) have opened their hearts and homes to us and I can only hope that I've been able to offer them a little something in return.  We have so much fun together and this time in Florida could have been a completely different experience and led us to a completely different outcome and reason for returning to Beverly.  

We want to buy a house.  Down here.  In Palm City.  We're heading north for a few reasons.  First and foremost, we have 2 properties up north that need a little love and attention.  One of them, our first condo in Beverly (all 1300 square feet of it) will be our home for the next few months.  CRAZY.... I shudder to think of us all squished up in there but for now, I have faith that this family lands well and makes the most of every minute no matter where we are!  Secondly, the thought of buying a house in a place we've only known for 8+ months is a little scary - so we want to be sure that this is where we want to be!   The kids are BEYOND thrilled to be going home to see their friends and to go to school at Cove.   The rest is sort of up in the air and we'll know when we know!  I am excited to be in Beverly and I know I'll be excited to return to Palm City.  We're here for another 49 days and we'll continue to get out and about and make new friends.  It's what we do! 
Thirdly, I have been denied health coverage down here (only me, the kids and Adam are all set) due to my many pre-existing medical conditions - number 1 & 2 being my heart and my Graves Disease.  I am anxious to return to my docs up north to get a clean bill of health and get back on our old health care.  You can't imagine how it has felt to be living without it all these months.  My first heart surgery alone was over a million dollars. (thank you, bcbs)  Scary. 

There, confused?  Great... we are too.   Everyone's #1 question:  Didn't your MOM just move there???  Yes, she did.  She LOVES it here and is already rockin' the real estate market.  She'll be excited to have us return as well but for now, she's supporting us 100%.   My dad & Fran are coming down here on 7/24 to take the kids and me and our 2 vehicles on to the AutoTrain.  We'll head up the east coast, stop in PA and then drive the rest of the way to MA.  The kids are bursting with excitement to sleep overnight on a bunkbed in a little cabin on the train.  How fun is that???  I'm so grateful for the help since my back can't handle the drive all that way.  (Nick, this is where you come in!)

More later.... for now, the eyes are drying up!

xoxo

No comments: