Happy Groundhog day..... I swear, every day around here is GD Day..... Alarm goes off at 5:45 (of course so I can hit snooze for 20 minutes). Coffee is already brewed (since I obsessively set it the night before), I make breakfast, let one dog out and try to wake the other one. Shovel something nutritious into the kids mouths while wrestling with knotty hair and it NEVER fails.... I pick up Luke's shoes EVERY morning and dump at LEAST a cup of sand all over my feet. Groundhog Day. The dogs look at me longingly while I make sandwiches for lunch and run circles around my kitchen tripping me while I continue to heat up that first cup of coffee for the 8th time in an hour. I pick out the cutest outfits I can find for my children and then fight my six year old "Luke.... STEP INTO YOUR UNDERWEAR! Give me your FOOT... DUDE, you're SIX!!!" (Luke has to wear a collared shirt every day and since it still reaches 80 degrees in the afternoon, shorts too!) I hand off the backpack, the sweater and the lunchbox as I shove them ALL out the door... Love you... have a GREAT day....then I put my bose up as loud as it will go while Adam takes them to school. (with a husband who works from home, I'm constantly getting yelled at to turn down the tunes).
So, I'm really loving the kid's school.... (may I brag a bit??) Miss Olivia, age 4.5 in pre-K is learning SO much. She told us all that we were going to do "syllables" with her. "Ok everyone, now clap this word with me.... celebrate. CE-LA-BRATE. That's three syllables. Good job, Mom". haha... Last week we had to do verbs with her. "Ok mom, can you walk?" "yes?" "Good, now that's a verb". "Can you milk?" "Um, no"..... "SEE??? That's NOT a verb!!" And this week, she was chosen as the TLC of her class.... The TLC is the "Totally Likeable Child". Each week, a child is chosen to be sort of celebrated in the class... they do an activity to get to know that child better, you send in pictures and fill out a chart and then at the end of the week, we can go in to school and have lunch with her. We also have the option of sending in a craft or gift (non-food of course) for her to share with all of her friends. Everyone knows that I have a tendency to "over-celebrate" my children so the girl thought she was a celebrity going to school on Monday! HA!
I had photographed a few of the events at school already so Liv and I went through all of the images and we discovered that I was missing a decent photo of three (out of the twenty) kids in her class..... I went in this week on Tuesday and with permission, photographed the class... the kids are SUCH hams! They LOVED posing for me and I think I got some great shots. Anyway, we put together a take-home craft for the kids to do with their photo..... check it out! We filled the bag with the photo in a frame and a bunch of foam stickers, etc for the kids to decorate them at home (Olivia insisted on adding a jewel to each one)!
So, I'm really loving the kid's school.... (may I brag a bit??) Miss Olivia, age 4.5 in pre-K is learning SO much. She told us all that we were going to do "syllables" with her. "Ok everyone, now clap this word with me.... celebrate. CE-LA-BRATE. That's three syllables. Good job, Mom". haha... Last week we had to do verbs with her. "Ok mom, can you walk?" "yes?" "Good, now that's a verb". "Can you milk?" "Um, no"..... "SEE??? That's NOT a verb!!" And this week, she was chosen as the TLC of her class.... The TLC is the "Totally Likeable Child". Each week, a child is chosen to be sort of celebrated in the class... they do an activity to get to know that child better, you send in pictures and fill out a chart and then at the end of the week, we can go in to school and have lunch with her. We also have the option of sending in a craft or gift (non-food of course) for her to share with all of her friends. Everyone knows that I have a tendency to "over-celebrate" my children so the girl thought she was a celebrity going to school on Monday! HA!
Here's the chart that they sent home for us to complete:
I had photographed a few of the events at school already so Liv and I went through all of the images and we discovered that I was missing a decent photo of three (out of the twenty) kids in her class..... I went in this week on Tuesday and with permission, photographed the class... the kids are SUCH hams! They LOVED posing for me and I think I got some great shots. Anyway, we put together a take-home craft for the kids to do with their photo..... check it out! We filled the bag with the photo in a frame and a bunch of foam stickers, etc for the kids to decorate them at home (Olivia insisted on adding a jewel to each one)!
2 comments:
Seriously, you are too much!! Awesome. Just awesome.
Wow!! Love them. I wish you were HERE so you could come to JJ's school and photograph them:) I may steal this craft idea though, please?!! Where did you get the frames?
Post a Comment